Monday, October 20, 2014

Day 20: Deliverance



“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
    I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
He will call on me, and I will answer him;
    I will be with him in trouble,
    I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
    and show him my salvation.” Psalms 91:14-16

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday I was so weary and scared of what the day would hold. All indicators pointed to defeat, but I knew what God has promised in this situation. I had been a witness to all that has happened along the way to get us where we were, and God helped me remember that no matter what our feelings may tell us, His word is truth. He will rescue, protect and deliver. It just looked so bleak from the outside.

Source
Almost 24 hours to the dot from when I entered the valley, I heard how God delivered my friends from what seemed to be imminent disaster. There will be a day soon where we will share all of the details with you, but for today I want to record what we have learned so we do not soon forget.

Pray like your life depends on it. Enlist wise friends to pray along with you.  We had to rest in God’s promise that He is fighting the battle for us. We could not fix the situation. We depend on Him to be working everything to His purposes as we wait, obey, and pray.

In order to function day to day and not fall into the slippery pit of depression, we saturated our days and nights in God’s word. We would read our bible, but God knew we would need accountability in this area so with His perfect timing He had us studying along in a bible study over 1 & 2 Thessalonians. God continues to arrange the perfect lesson for each day to present itself as we work through the study. He provides.

We awoke each day anticipating His provisions. He faithfully sent messages of His love for us every single day, we just had to pray and be open to receiving it. Sometimes it was a text or email at exactly the right moment, and other times it would be joy in our children or finding rest in His beautiful nature. We continually thank Him for those moments.

We learned the tougher it got meant we were that much closer to a breakthrough. This knowledge helps tremendously. When the pressure was almost too much to bear we would find peace in remembering it meant we must be close to deliverance.

I say all of this knowing I will need to refer to it again…probably even today! (Remember that short-term memory loss thing?)

This race we are all running is not a sprint; we need to build endurance in order to make it to the finish. I cannot thank each of you enough for being a part of my training.

For me to remember: Hang on, stay faithful, and He will deliver.
Get along among yourselves, each of you doing your part. Our counsel is that you warn the freeloaders to get a move on. Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted, pulling them to their feet. Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs. And be careful that when you get on each other’s nerves you don’t snap at each other. Look for the best in each other, and always do your best to bring it out.

 Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.
Don’t suppress the Spirit, and don’t stifle those who have a word from the Master. On the other hand, don’t be gullible. Check out everything, and keep only what’s good. Throw out anything tainted with evil.

May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together—spirit, soul, and body—and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ. The One who called you is completely dependable. If he said it, he’ll do it!

 Friends, keep up your prayers for us. Greet all the followers of Jesus there with a holy embrace. And make sure this letter gets read to all the brothers and sisters. Don’t leave anyone out.
The amazing grace of Jesus Christ be with you! 1 Thessalonians 5:13-28

No comments:

Post a Comment